Insert Trumpets Here

Monday, November 14, 2011

Random Statistics

So this downtime is starting to bore me, because it's actually making me productive. I decided to run a Photoshop script to collect some stats. Namely, the total character count of all of the bubbles of each volume. The character count of redo volumes counts all of the pages of the volumes. Also, I didn't collect statistics on volumes for which I don't have sources (lost Cyber Blue 1 and 2 and Hanako 3's sources) and volumes that I didn't or haven't scanlate from cover to cover.

A few things to note:
  • Pokemon Special has surprisingly high character count. I expected it to have around 40K/volume.
  • Kindaichi's character count is 2.5 times the average. That's why I'm hesitant to pick up another volume.
  • However, even Kindaichi's character count doesn't come close to the character count of light novel translations. For example, Tora Dora volume 1's character count is around 276,000, and that's fairly low compared to the others, such as Kizumotogatari's 500,000 characters.
Any other statistic I should collect? Line and word count will probably tell the same story, so I'll refrain from doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment