Insert Trumpets Here

Monday, April 18, 2011

Quick Poll on 7o3x

The first volume of 7o3x is going to come out in two weeks on May 2nd. Kadokawa still hasn't released information on the volume, such as the number of pages, but there's a chance that chapter 5 might be on it too. Chapter 1-4 is about 180 pages together, which is on the lower bounds of tank length. On the other hand, chapter 1-5 is 220 pages, which is higher than average.

Given how difficult editing this series is, I will not redo every single page. Nevertheless, I will scanlate new pages, redo spreads and important pages, and fix styling and translation decisions (such as using WW Italics for pretty much everything, and my terms for grade levels).

Now, here is the question: should I do chapter 5 from the magazine scans, or from the volume scans? They're mutually exclusive.

Here's the summary of consequences:
  1. I choose to translate chapter 5 from magazine scans in about a week:
    • I will translate chapter 6 (from magazine scans) right after that.
    • I will not redo from the volume scans.
    • I will delay buying volume 1 a bit so I can ship the new series along with it (well, technically, it has been out for a long time now, but being the paranoid fool that I am, so I don't want to import it if someone picks it up before I can pick it up).
  2. I choose to translate chapter 5 from volume scans as soon as the volume arrives:
    • Chances are that chapter 5 won't get preempted by Oriko Magica, but chapter 6 will. (You can also vote to make me translate chapter 6 before chapter 5)
    • Chapter 5 will be in higher quality.
    • I will upload volume 1 scans sooner, but volume 1 redo will still get delayed by Oriko Magica.
Your choices are:
  1. Just do chapter 5 from magazine scans.
  2. Wait until Kadokawa releases info on volume 1, then decide on what to do.
Choose wisely.

12 comments:

  1. 1. Just do chapter 5 from magazine scans.

    Your magazine scans always seem to be much higher than the tank scans of other groups anyway.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2. Wait until Kadokawa releases info on volume 1, then decide on what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait until Kadokawa releases info on volume 1, then decide on what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1: "Just do chapter 5 from magazine scans."

    It would be great to see the volume scans, but I really want to continue the story. Keep up the great job. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll go with one too

    ReplyDelete
  6. from the magazine, also this is a great series, thanks for picking it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. The magazine raws you have been using are fine, in my opinion. If you want to use volume raws you can, i don't really mind either way. whatever works best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Six before five, hell yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. better wait for volume 1 out

    ReplyDelete