Insert Trumpets Here

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pokemon Special ch 385

Awww yea, getting started on Pokemon Special vol 35. Actually, "getting started" doesn't show how urgent the situation is. It's truly "running like fuck", because I have to finish this volume and 2 more KO scripts before July, when I'll be going back to Taiwan. I won't have a steady internet access there at my family's new apartment as far as I know, but I'll be visiting my local McDonald's to make sure you guys get the next Kaibutsu Oujo script. Independent scanlations will be paused. Just hold on till August, then I'll finish Cyber Blue up with volumes 3 and 4.

Back to Pokemon Special, this chapter was strange to translate because only Pearl talked. It just feels different to have no real conversation, but just this guy talking to himself and his pet. Feels like real life, man ;_;

I also did something that my few friends can say is uncharacteristic of me, by plagiarizing. Relax, it's the summary of the story thing at the beginning of the volume. There's only so many ways to make my translation differ from Chuang Yi's translation from vol 32, so I thought that I might as well copy two paragraphs from it.

Pokemon Special ch 385
Pokemon Special ch 385 PSD source

In other news, the Japanese have finally started to scan Mudazumo again. They released a near-perfect raw of vol 4 over Perfect Dark one day after I release my scanlations, just to spite me and my retries at scanning it.

Grudges aside, I hope they start releasing running raws again. Japan is only ahead of us by a few chapters (Koizumi is going to moon now), so it isn't too bad of a jump.

Mudazumo vol 4 perfect raws (from Perfect Dark)

8 comments:

  1. can you pls post the links for (chuangyi) vol33 when you have them? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, I have no plans of doing so right now. It would be cheaper to import to Taiwan from Singapore, so that's a possibility. However, copyright laws in Taiwan are actually formidable, so I'll wait on scanning it till I get back in August. I can't promise you anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there a chance you can upload the raws? I do appreciate the scans, just curious about the raws themselves

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually nevermind

    ReplyDelete
  5. Already ahead of you, sir:
    http://anonscanlations.blogspot.com/2010/06/pokemon-special-vol-35-raw.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. umm, oh, I'm not asking you to scan them. I'm actually thinking that maybe if somebody else have scanned the chuangyi vol 33 and you came across the links, can you pls post it together with the other links you've posted in your Pokemon Special FAQ post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As far as I know, no one has scanned it yet, which is pretty surprising, considering that it's been 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been searching for vol.33 but can't find it anywhere. Heck I'd even go for raws of the volume at this point

    ReplyDelete